Disclaimer: Soccer Whizz is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk (source: Section 5). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Playing soccer at competitive levels does require a little bit of financial investment in equipment.
When it comes to the best soccer socks in particular, you won’t be surprised to hear about the usual suspects such as Nike, Adidas and Puma dominating the product market.
The aforementioned brands have accumulated a lot of trust from buyers over the years, so much so that people don’t tend to look past them when shopping for some new gear.
And the sad thing about this is that, as a buyer, you tend to miss out on some hidden gems which are capable of elevating your soccer gameplay to greater heights.
One of the products in question is TruSox.
TruSox are soccer socks that are specifically designed to prevent your feet from slipping inside your soccer cleats as you play. The fabric layering of these socks contain little grips that help to stop your feet from moving around excessively when you make passes, runs and shots on the pitch.
Buckle yourself in, as this article is going to get into the finer details of what these soccer socks are all about.
What do TruSox do?
Soccer at its core can be a very intense game, even for the more causal player who’s just having a pickup game with his or her friends.
Your feet are bound to become sweaty as you move around on the field, and that moisture can cause your feet to move around inside your cleats or shoes.
This can have a negative impact on your gameplay as a whole, because there may be instances where you won’t be able to strike the ball cleanly as a result of the slippage going on inside your shoes.
That’s where TruSox LLC come in with their revolutionary product.
Here’s a quote from their website which explains the precise function of these soccer socks:
“TRUsox® are made with revolutionary non-slip technology pads, otherwise known as IN//EX tech™, which ensure that you are secure in your footwear and your foot doesn’t slide. The pads are made with our new 3.0 technology that is activated as you start to perspire, meaning TRUsox® work better as they acclimate to your feet.”Source – TruSox
Essentially, what this means is that the padding present on the outside of the socks grips your footwear, whilst the internal padding grips to your feet, which ultimately ensures a unified fit where your feet and footwear move as one in every motion made on the pitch.
Why do soccer players wear TruSox?
There are a number of benefits brought about by this type of product, namely:
1. Speed and agility improvements
Better grip within the footwear provides a stable platform for soccer players to make sharp turns and quick accelerations without a loss of momentum
2. Blister prevention
The sliding in your feet that’s brought about by sweating can lead to those uncomfortable blisters that athletes in this sport hate having to deal with.
With TruSox, you completely eliminate that risk as they’re equipped with non-slip pads that improve the traction between one’s foot and sock, as well as the sock and the cleat itself.
Who wears TruSox?
There have been quite a few world-renowned players who’ve worn TruSox to professional games in the past.
One of the most notable names has been Luis Suarez, who has played for the likes of Ajax, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Liverpool.
You also have the high-profile example of Gareth Bale – formerly of Real Madrid – who used to bomb up and down the right side of the pitch wearing these soccer socks.
Other names of players who’ve worn these socks that are worth mentioning include the likes of:
- Alexandre Lacazette;
- Mesut Ozil;
- Raheem Sterling; and
- Victor Moses
How much do TruSox soccer socks cost?
For about $45 you can get yourself a pair and see just how good these socks are!
They come in different sizes such as full length, mid-calf and ankle length, costing the same for each height on the TruSox official website.
Have a look at the screenshots below:
Where can you buy TruSox?
You can of course make a purchase through the official channel here, but most people simply prefer to check out on a trusted global retailer like Amazon.
Amazon sells these socks in their different sizes and colors:
- MAKE CHANGES IN DIRECTIONS FASTER - non slip socks with INEXtech pads, that appear on both the inside and outside of the sock, secures your foot in TRUSOX and TRUSOX soccer socks are stable in your cleat. You can change direction quicker and more explosively, maximizing the power transfer with NO MOVEMENT IN YOUR CLEAT
- HEEL WILL STAY IN CLEAT - INEXtech non slip pads secure your heel in place and it will not slip out of your cleats during the game or training session
- PREVENT BLISTERS - your feet with grip socks will no longer slide around in your cleats and will reduce the possibility of getting blisters playing soccer, football, rugby, lacrosse, cricket, baseball or basketball
- MAKE CHANGES IN DIRECTIONS FASTER - non-slip INEXtech pads, that appear on both the inside and outside of the sock, secures your foot in TRUSOX and TRUSOX socks are stable in your cleat. You can change direction quicker and more explosively, maximizing the power transfer with NO MOVEMENT IN YOUR CLEAT
- HEEL WILL STAY IN CLEAT - non-slip INEXtech pads secure your heel in place and it will not slip out of your cleats during the game or training session
- PREVENT BLISTERS - your feet will no longer slide around in your cleats and will reduce the possibility of getting blisters playing soccer, football, rugby, lacrosse, cricket or baseball
- Mid calf sock
- Made from a blend of cotton, nylon and spandex
- Cushioned pads on the inside and outside of the sock to aid foot stability
- Non-slip coating
- Maximum grip
- Thin material
If you’re not quite convinced by these socks, you can have a look at some alternative options too.
For starters, you could have a read of our article on the best Adidas soccer socks or our other roundup post on the best Nike soccer socks, as these posts highlight some top quality choices.
Do TruSox soccer socks really work?
At the end of the day, it’s up to the wearer to decide just how effective at preventing foot slippage inside of the shoes being worn when playing soccer.
You’ll come across more than a handful of reviewers who say that the grip on these socks is very noticeable, meaning that the product works as advertised.
On the flipside, other companies like Nike and Adidas wouldn’t be left flat on their heels and they’d also incorporate the benefits of TruSox into their own product offerings.
So, you’re more or less able to get the same benefits by sticking with the tried and trusted brands as well.
If you enjoy the content that I create and would like to buy me a coffee, then I’d really appreciate it!
Any money that I earn through this donation will be re-invested into more content for this website.
Additionally, by sending in a donation you’ll also receive a copy of my recently released 190+ page eBook on Soccer Ball Care, as well as be subscribed to our mailing list where you’ll be regularly informed on the latest developments concerning the Soccer Whizz blog.
- Future Icons: Europe’s Emerging Midfield Maestros Set for Glory - December 4, 2023
- Kickstarting a Revolution: How Soccer Transformed the United States Over the Last Four Years - October 7, 2023
- 4-1-4-1 Soccer Formation [Analysis] - September 23, 2023